How To Promote Your Fundraiser
How To Promote Your Fundraiser
- All Fall website orders due by Oct. 15th
- Last day to order Holiday supplies: Oct. 15th
- All Holiday brochure orders due by Nov. 15th
- All Holiday website orders due by Dec. 15th
- Orders by Dec. 1st will ship in time for Christmas
- Spring supplies for the Basic Plan available Dec. 1st thru March 1st
- All Spring brochure orders due by April 1st
- All Spring website orders due by May 15th
- If you're fundraising online, it can be helpful to create a hashtag for your fundraiser to generate interest and for tracking purposes. To create one, simply include # in front a a word or phrase in your post without any spaces or special characters. Read below for tips on creating a good hashtag.
- Make a List of Possible Hashtags! Write down a list of possible hashtags to use for your fundraiser. Search for your hashtag ideas to see if they're in use. If not, you can use it for your fundraiser.
- Think Simple and Easy To Remember. The most successful hashtags are simple and easy to remember. Keep it unique, but don't make it overly descriptive to the point where it's difficult to remember.
- Include Relevant Words or Phrases. Including parts of your organization's name, an abbreviation or tagline can bring some added credibility to your hashtag. Be concise, but descriptive enough so that people know what the hashtag is for.
- Evoke an Emotion. Hashtags that evoke emotions can leave a lasting impression. Making people laugh or cry can be highly effective for getting people to like and share your message.
- Proofread Your Hashtag. Since spaces and special characters are not permitted for hashtags it's especially important to proofread so that the string of words could not be interpreted differently from what you intend.
- If you haven't started sharing your link online, now is the time! Beat the big box stores and build up some momentum! We've compiled a list of social media post ideas below to help you reach your goals!
- Post Updates of Your Fundraiser's Progress. Post updates of your fundraiser's progress as you get closer and closer to your goal! This provides extra incentive for people to help your cause!
- Post About Why You Are Raising Funds. Take some time and compose a message to be shared that will explain why you are raising funds. Explain where the money will go and how it will impact your organization.
- Post Information About Your Products. Post information about the products you're selling! Include images to give your post some extra sales appeal. Teach your customers about your products to help engage them.
- Flowers Make Great Gifts. All our bulbs, perennials, seeds and edible plants are sure to appeal to everyone. Remind your supporters of upcoming holidays like Mother's Day and Christmas. Plus, gift messages can be easily included added to orders.
- Create A Facebook Group. Create a Facebook group and invite people to join! This will help you build a relationship with your customers for this fundraiser and future fundraisers!
- Share Posts About Upcoming Deadlines. As deadlines approach be sure to include that information in some of your posts. This creates some urgency and will help you get some last minute sales!
- Create Thank You Posts. Give a shout out to those who buy from you as thank you emails or posts and tag them on social media. People love to be recognized as contributors to your organization and will be more likely to buy from you in the future!
- The key to running a successful fundraiser online is to know your audience and build connections. Adding images on social media can help you connect with your audience! Need ideas? Read below.
- Photos of Your Fundraising Group. Try posting photos taken of your fundraising group! Action shots are great - photos of your group together at work with smiles on their faces is a BIG BONUS!
- Photos of Who Is Benefiting. If you're running a fundraiser for someone else, it might be good to post some images of the person who is benefiting from the fundraiser. Heart warming photos sell!
- Get Creative and Do Some Art. If you have an artistic edge try creating some art to accompany your link! People LOVE looking at drawings, paintings, collages and digital art. It's very eye catching and it might get some extra attention that way.
- Share Photos of The Products You're Selling. Create a collage of the products you're selling to entice your audience into clicking your link. People LOVE plants and to an extent, photos of the products sell themselves!
- Create a Graphic of Your Goals. Try creating a graphic that includes your fundraising goal and how close you are to reaching it! Free apps like Canva can make this task easy for anyone!
- Fundraising online has never been easier! Social media is a great tool for selling anything online. Adding videos on social media can help you connect with your audience. Need ideas? Read below.
- Videos of Your Fundraising Group. Try posting videos taken of your fundraising group! Action shots are great - videos of your group together at work with smiles on their faces is a BIG BONUS!
- Videos of Who Is Benefitting. If you're running a fundraiser for someone else, it might be good to post some videos of the person who is benefitting from the fundraiser. Heart warming videos sell!
- Post an Unboxing Video. If you purchase any of the flowers it can be a great opportunity to create and post an unboxing video. These are very popular videos and can help sales!
- Videos of The Products You're Selling. Create a slideshow of the products you're selling to entice your audience into clicking your link. People LOVE plants and to an extent, photos of the products sell themselves!
- Post Video Updates Along The Way. Create videos to inform your audience and provide updates on your fundraiser progress. Make sure you thank people who have purchased flowers!